Day before yesterday I covered a tool that allows tethered jailbreak on iOS 7.1 for iPhone 4.
Just yesterday another developer has come up with its own tool that gives a tethered jailbreak on iOS 7.1 but, yet again, is limited only to the iPhone 4.
While both the tools work as advertised and do jailbreak iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1, the newer method is much easier to use.
Called GeekSn0w, the tool is extremely convenient to use and requires less technical expertise compared to the previous tool.
As of now, GeekSn0w only works on Windows and the Mac version is expected to be released in the coming week.
Users who have upgraded their iPhone 4 to iOS 7.1 and are willing to go ahead with a tethered jailbreak, until an untethered jailbreak arrives, can follow the simple guide given below.
How To Get iOS 7.1 Tethered Jailbreak On iPhone 4
1. Download and install, both, .NetFrameWork and Java JDK Tool x86 (32 Bit) even if you have a 64 Bit computer (that's only if you don't have them installed already.)
2. Turn off Antivirus system and firewall, or your computer will delete the required files to continue the process, once you're done you can simply go into computer/uninstall programs and uninstall this program (if not your antivirus will.)
3. Download, install GeekSn0w v2.6 and open (wait 5 seconds and click skip ad at the upper right hand corner.)
4. Click Jailbreak, choose your device model, and put your device in DFU mode
5. Now click jailbreak once again.
6. Wait until ssh_rd tool is done (when you see Successful in GREEN letters)
7. Your device will reboot and look like its in restore mode.
8. Give it some time to mount the system files and upload the Jailbreak Data.
9. Once its done you you'll see your device in recovery mode
10.Wait till GeekSn0w prompts you to put your device into DFU mode and wait will it boots up with OpenSn0w (this will take some time, be patient)
11.You'll see what must people call the "Matrix Screen"
12.Now put your device into DFU mode once again.
13.This time when your device turns on, scroll to the side, and you'll see Cydia!
14.After you open Cydia for the first time your device will respring, no worries that is Cyia preparing the file system in the background.
You can also refer to this video, should you face any problems while performing the jailbreak. The video is in French but explains the process clearly.